Yesterday I received a great parcel of joy from my dear friend, fashion icon and honorary Zandra Rhodes's niece Krista from PEETEE'S PLACE, she sent me two stunning dresses, a necklace she made and a beautiful headband !I'm wearing everything today, except one of the dresses, well obviously!
The dress is a vintage 50's prom dress and probabily you remember my post about prom fashion :"You are a stone fox" with Carrie, The Virgin Suicides, Brad Pitt and much more...
We don't have prom here, I know just a little about it from films or tv! I always loved the dresses, especially the vintage, pastel coloured ones, but I'm sure that I couldn't have been the queen of the event because I use to be more on the freaks & geeks side...anyway, I loved all the comments you wrote on it about your memories or dreams about prom or high school.
One of my newest readers :Geminae awarded me the Lovely Blog Award so I'm going to write seven things about me
1) I love insects and I've started to collect them, especially beetles and spiders.
2) (this should be part of the first quote, but because I already had three or four awards,I really don't know what to write) I named my three beetles after the Beatles, I still don't have a John though.
(Paul looks like a hofner bass, Ringo has polka dots on and George is a green metallic one).
3) I own a little taxidermy shark named Siegfried, my friend Clare from "Miss Simmonds says" chose it and I loved it.
4) I have a car licence but I don't drive, I take the bus.
5) My favourite place on earth is London.
6) Last time I cried was for John Lennon's death anniversary, few days ago.
7) I mostly hang out with boys because (most of) the Italian girls are conservative and don't share my (or have any) interests.(That's why I have this blog: looking for like minded friends!)
Blue Lace Dress: Vintage from Krista
Skirt/Petticoat:Vintage from my granny
Belt: from a 60's bride dress
Gloves and butterfly wings: new from my daughters
Big Skull bracelet: my sister's present
Little skull bracelet: Krista
Bangles and eyeballs bracelet: market
Handbag: An old Artist Miss Van's collaboration with Fornarina
Fabric crown: Vintage princess costume
Here you are some Miss Van's new artworks, I love her and I want to visit her current
exhibition in Rome soon: